If there’s anything I could tell, whether it was my younger self or any younger people out here listening; you can save a lot of wasted energy and time not chasing what appears to be love.
Healthy love is boring. It’s consistent, it’s supportive. It’s inspiring. It’s empowering.
Unhealthy love is what you hear in a love song, in the movies. Romeo and Juliet, the Titanic. None of those would be interesting movie plots if it actually showed healthy love.Amy Chan
Amy was a surprising guest, to say the least. I went into my conversation with her preparing questions based on what I thought she knew the most about, relationships. But I was immediately shocked to find out all the incredible things that she knew from her life experience. Amy has a childhood story that allows her to give some amazing insights into the world, as well as herself.
Amy is a breakup connoisseur in the best possible way. After having her heartbroken by a boyfriend, she later decided she wanted to help people who are in the same situation she was.
She founded the Renew Breakup Bootcamp, a retreat for people suffering after a breakup, which thrives to this day. Recently, Amy wanted a way to share her knowledge with the greater public in a manner accessible to all, through a book. Her new book Breakup Bootcamp: The Science of Rewiring Your Heart is now available on Audible and Amazon. It is filled with amazing anecdotes and pieces of advice that are helpful even to those not currently experiencing a breakup.
- Bullied at school
- Why she decided to hang out with gangsters while in high school
- Turning away from that life
- Love addiction, what it is, how to tell if you have it
- Founding Renew Breakup Bootcamp
- Most common types of breakups
- Some questions from Brody’s friends
- Different types of breakups
- How is dating different now for teens?
- Is there a difference between the way boys and girls process a breakup?
- How long should it take to get over a breakup?
- One mega tip for teens about dating?
Links and Resources
Breakup Bootcamp on Amazon
Breakup Bootcamp on Audible
Trailer for Breakup Bootcamp
Amy’s media reel