Successs…living that life where it’s not dictated by conditioning brought on to us by our friends, parents or society. Rather, taking a truly unique journey towards what I’m meant to do here and just… doing it with a full heart and putting everything into it.Nikolai Bratkovski
Where do I even start with Nikolai Bratkovski? Nikolai was the fourth person I ever talked to for the podcast, and it’s safe to say my conversation skills were not yet on point (still improving!).
When I went into the Zoom call the first thing I got was Nikolai holding his computer with his hands and walking outside to enjoy the clouds. So you’ll hear a bit of mic noise as we talk.
We started with small talk and eventually, we started the podcast, but what I didn’t expect was the longest conversation I had to date with an incredible storyteller.
But who is Nikolai Bratkovski? As with most things, it’s complicated. Nikolai was born in Belarus and moved to Canada in his teens with his family.
To say Nikolai was a good kid would be false. The man did own a nightclub when he was 19. He did start coding at a young age, however, and that experience proved to be invaluable. Nikolai used his coding skills in combination with his entrepreneurial skills to create websites to make healthcare more available through the Internet.
Nikolai has devoted the rest of his professional career to healthcare, recently co-founding Opencare in Canada.
- Nikolai gives a brief history of his background, from Belarus to Canada
- Self taught software developer
- Got interested in health care, working on a number of companies and eventually creating Opencare
- Nikolai explains some of his biohacking experiments and the most important lessons he learned
- Meditation, including Transcendental Meditation and Finder’s Course
- Getting aligned with your life purpose
- Adjusting to teen life after moving from a small town in Eastern Europe to Toronto, one of North America’s biggest cities
- Managing a nightclub at 18 and having his own walk in liqour cabinet
- Lessons learned from getting arrested
- Defining success
- How he’d do things differently as a teenager, knowing what he knows now
- Authenticity and being YOU instead of trying to be be like your idols
Links and Resources
SIMMS Software for Healthcare
Toronto’s Yonge Street
Ikagai – Wikipedia
Ikagai article Forbes Magazine